PES Women promotes gender equality and women’s representation both inside and outside the Party of European Socialists.
Although we live in the 21st century, we still face unacceptable situations. Women earn 16% less than men on average; violence against women kills seven women a day; and sexual and reproductive rights are not yet established across the whole EU.
We are fighting to change this. We work to ensure that all women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities.
PES Women member organisations:
- Zij-kant, de progressieve vrouwenbeweging, Belgium
- Socijaldemokratski forum žena SDP-a Hrvatske / Social Democratic Women's Forum, SDP Croatia
- De Rooie Vrouwen/ The Red Women, PvdA, The Netherlands
- Forum Kobiet, SLD Poland
- Lithuanian Social Democratic Women Organization
- Lithuanian Social-democratic Women's Union
- NL -Nisa Laburisti/ Labour Women, Malta
- PES Group in the European Committee of the Regions
- Socialist International Women
- Rainbow Rose
- Central and Eastern Network for Gender Issues